Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > profile output for kcachegrind ?

profile output for kcachegrind ?

Sebastien de Menten

Hi,

I am using the profile module to watch hot spots in a python
application.

The default output is already useful but has anyone tried to produce
output readable by kcachegrind (http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/) ?

seb

Sebastien de Menten

There is documentation on the output of valgrind (i.e. the input of
kcachegrind) at section "output" in
http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/do..._techdocs.html

For optimal use of kcachegrind, one needs also the "calltree skin" for
valgrind that outputs an augmented file for kcachegrind. But I did not
find any doc on this augmented format...

I think that even without the calltree plugin, kcachegrind could be
used advantageously for profiling python code.

Seb

Kdevelop/Kcachegrind Michael Sgier C++ 1 09-29-2005 01:33 PM
ANN: script to visualize python profiling data with kcachegrind Joerg Beyer Python 3 09-18-2003 06:39 AM
ANN: script to visualize python profiling data with kcachegrind Joerg Beyer C++ 0 09-17-2003 12:26 PM

Advertisments