Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > HSRP & OSPF

HSRP & OSPF

lcox

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody might be able to point me in the right
Direction...
I have 2 7500 router, one pretty much mirrors the other & has HSRP set
up
Between them and I'm tracking on the interface that connects to our
provider.

Now, I would like to run OSPF internally between the 2 7500's (not
load sharing to our provider). What I am trying to figure out is how
to have an HSRP event, trigger an OSPF re-convergence and have all of
outbound traffic flow out the secondary path.

Do I need to have additional parameters setup to work HSRP with OSPF?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

HSRP & OSPF don't talk with each other ...

static default routes + default-information originate
when the interface goes down, so does the static & OSPF stops advertising it

Mr T

"lcox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anybody might be able to point me in the right
> Direction...
> I have 2 7500 router, one pretty much mirrors the other & has HSRP set
> up
> Between them and I'm tracking on the interface that connects to our
> provider.
>
> Now, I would like to run OSPF internally between the 2 7500's (not
> load sharing to our provider). What I am trying to figure out is how
> to have an HSRP event, trigger an OSPF re-convergence and have all of
> outbound traffic flow out the secondary path.
>
> Do I need to have additional parameters setup to work HSRP with OSPF?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anybody might be able to point me in the right
> Direction...
> I have 2 7500 router, one pretty much mirrors the other & has HSRP set
> up
> Between them and I'm tracking on the interface that connects to our
> provider.
>
> Now, I would like to run OSPF internally between the 2 7500's (not
> load sharing to our provider). What I am trying to figure out is how
> to have an HSRP event, trigger an OSPF re-convergence and have all of
> outbound traffic flow out the secondary path.
>
> Do I need to have additional parameters setup to work HSRP with OSPF?

Since you're probably generating a default route, the OSPF will
automatically kill the second default route. Unless you have users that
connect to this 7500, the solution is to run OSPF on your routers facing
the 2 7500 routers mentioned above.

Thomas' solution would work as well. Since these are point-to-point
links, the interface should go down reliably and you won't have an issue
pointing your default route to the interface. If you have a FR
connection, then all bets are off w/o further configuration.

--

hsb

rsl.it63 rsl.it63 is offline
Junior Member

make a new gre tunnel between 2 7500 and use physical interface ip address as ip unnumbered and add them to ospf like "ip ospf 1 are 0 " under interface