Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Distutils help needed (suggestions anyway)

Distutils help needed (suggestions anyway)

Chris Gonnerman

A user contacted me a week or so ago about problems building
the new gdmodule version. A moment's study revealed the
problem... the GD include file gd_io.h contains a structure
which has changed somewhere between GD 2.0.1 and 2.0.8.

In the earlier versions, the gdIOCtx structure had a member:

void (*free)(struct gdIOCtx *);

but in the newer versions the name of the member is gd_free.

Ideally I'd like the setup.py script to detect and adapt to
this; but before I go and invent an all-new wheel I thought
I'd see if there is an existing solution for this sort of
distribution problem.

Chris Gonnerman -- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://newcenturycomputers.net