Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: How about using python to write a CMS?

Re: How about using python to write a CMS?

Max M

Ǧ wrote:

> To write a CMS, everyone is thinking about PHP, but, what do you think if I
> am using python to write a Content Management System?

It can be done, and better than in PHP, but do yourself the favour of
checking out Plone.

www.plone.org

regards Max M

David McNab

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:44:35 +0200, Max M paused, took a deep breath, then
came out with:

> Ǧ wrote:
>
>> To write a CMS, everyone is thinking about PHP, but, what do you think if I
>> am using python to write a Content Management System?

> It can be done, and better than in PHP, but do yourself the favour of
> checking out Plone.
>
> www.plone.org
>

> regards Max M

Plone looks nice. *really* nice!

But it runs on top of Zope - a requirement which locks it out of a lot of
hosting situations.