Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > FCNTL module deprecation warning

FCNTL module deprecation warning

Meyer, Tony

(I did try to google for an answer to this, but couldn't find anything,
although plenty of instances of the warning).

I don't understand this warning:
>>> import fcntl

C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL
module is deprecated; please use fcntl
DeprecationWarning)

It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

(I don't actually even import fnctl, but httplib does, and causes this
all over the place.

Any light shedding would be appreciated.

=Tony Meyer

Sybren Stuvel

Meyer, Tony enlightened us with:
> C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the
> FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

Seems you're using windoze.

> It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
> the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

Windoze has a case insensitive filesystem, and thus it can't see the
difference between FCNTL and fcntl. Try removing the depricated FCNTL
from your harddisk, or rename it to FCNTL-dep.py.

Sybren

Peter Hansen

Sybren Stuvel wrote:

> Meyer, Tony enlightened us with:
> > C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the
> > FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

> Seems you're using windoze.
>
> > It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
> > the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

> Windoze has a case insensitive filesystem, and thus it can't see the
> difference between FCNTL and fcntl. Try removing the depricated FCNTL
> from your harddisk, or rename it to FCNTL-dep.py.

And check for any .pyc files that might be involved, like FCNTL.pyc,
since they might be confusing things even more...

3.1 -> 3.2: base64 lost deprecation warning Ethan Furman Python 0 02-28-2011 08:51 PM
Invalid argument with fcntl.fcntl Mitko Haralanov Python 0 06-06-2007 06:45 PM
warning: [deprecation] in java.util.Date(java.lang.String) has been deprecated BoBi Java 3 12-15-2006 04:51 AM
fcntl and FCNTL Omid Fatemi Python 4 11-01-2004 12:34 PM
RE: FCNTL module deprecation warning Tony Meyer Python 0 07-15-2003 11:40 PM

Advertisments