Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Can't install csv parser

Can't install csv parser

Skip Montanaro

bogal> I tried this first; went to the suggested alternative second.
bogal> Here's what happens when I run setup.py:

bogal> C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\csv>
bogal> python.exe C:\PYTHON22\LIB\SITE-P~1\CSV\SETUP.PY

bogal> usage: SETUP.PY [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
bogal> or: SETUP.PY --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
bogal> or: SETUP.PY --help-commands
bogal> or: SETUP.PY cmd --help

bogal> error: no commands supplied

Setup.py needs to know what of several things you want to do (just build the
package, build and install the package, build a distribution, etc). Try
this command:

python.exe C:\PYTHON22\LIB\SITE-P~1\CSV\SETUP.PY install

That should do any necessary building and install all the files.

Skip

BogAl

> Setup.py needs to know what of several things you want to do (just build the
> package, build and install the package, build a distribution, etc). Try
> this command:
>
> python.exe C:\PYTHON22\LIB\SITE-P~1\CSV\SETUP.PY install
>
> That should do any necessary building and install all the files.
>
> Skip

Thanks, Skip. I'm too used to just double-clicking things to run them
and missed the part about supplying an argument.

At least I've learned a couple of things and maybe improved my setup a
bit in the process.

BogAl