Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Any pure-python relational databases?

Re: Any pure-python relational databases?

Thomas Weholt

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> [sniped]
>
> > 1) Any pure-python interface to MySQL? or

> If you cannot get the MySQL specific interface working, have you tried
> a generic database interface?
>
> http://www.python.org/topics/databas...seAPI-2.0.html
>
> > 2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
> > 1.5.2?

> While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
>
> http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html

Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>
http://www.sqlite.org/

Thomas

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Thomas Weholt wrote:
> "Wayne Pierce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote: [...]
>>>2) Any kind of relational DBMS written in pure python that'll run on
>>>1.5.2?

>>While not relational, have you looked at Metakit?
>>
>>http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html

> Relational *and* simple install with good Python module; SQLite =>
> http://www.sqlite.org/

First, PySQLite is not pure Python, it needs to be compiled against the
SQLite engine.

Second, PySQLite currently requires Python >= 2.1 and will require
Python >= 2.2 in the 0.5 branch which I'll start eventually.

I'd be willing to make a backport to 1.5.2 if somebody pays me. But
something as little fun as this I won't do for free

-- Gerhard