Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Number Theory modules for Python

Number Theory modules for Python

=?iso-8859-2?B?TOl0ZXr1?=

Hi!

I searched the Net and found several Number Theory (NT) related Python
extension modules. Some of them may be used to do some research but
unfortunately almost all promising modules disappeared from the Net, so I
wasn't able to download them. I'm sure, that it's my fault and NT packages
are actually exist and downloadable - somewhere.

Please send me any known NT related materials/URLs can be used to do NT
research.

Thanks: Complex

Simon Burton

What do you want? What have you found?
I don't know much about comp-NT, but ,,, err Grobner bases stuff?
And everyone seems to have their own polynomial implementation,
the one in SciPy uses Numeric so it seems designed for bigishness etc.,,,
Not sure if there is any high grade algebra stuff out there for python,
let me know what you find.

Simon Burton.