Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [OT] On the TimBot

[OT] On the TimBot

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

I am again trying to catch-up with the group (my time-sharing slices get
longer and longer as I grow old , so after sequentially reading
several of TimBot's common slash-and-hack (or slash-and-wink for lamers,
or hack-and-wink for coders, or hack-slash-star-wink!-star-slash for C
coders) replies, I would like to address the following two warnings:

1. To "Matrix" fans: don't ever use the line "He's only human" on the
TimBot. It's not.
2. To "2001 A space odyssey" fans: whenever it says "sorry", it's being
sarcastic <wink>
3. To "Tron" fans: yes, you could assign the name TimBit to it, but it's
a broken Bit; what's the use of a Bit that's always true?

PS I can't count; there are 10 kinds of people, those who grok binary
and those who don't. <blink> <breath />
Thanks Tim for your code and for your posts, and cheers everyone
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,

Michael Hudson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Oren Tirosh) writes:

> Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> > 3. To "Tron" fans: yes, you could assign the name TimBit to it, but it's
> > a broken Bit; what's the use of a Bit that's always true?

> Henry Spencer is well known around the sci.space.* newsgroups for
> being very rarely wrong. About as rarely as the TimBot. People that
> manage to correct Henry get the coveted "I Corrected Henry" virtual
> T-shirt.
>
> May I propose the "I Corrected Timbot" award?

But Tim is never wrong: it's just that reality ****s up now and again.

Cheers,
mwh

--
> Why are we talking about bricks and concrete in a lisp newsgroup?

After long experiment it was found preferable to talking about why
Lisp is slower than C++...
-- Duane Rettig & Tim Bradshaw, comp.lang.lisp