Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: PyIrc module

Re: PyIrc module

Jp Calderone

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 08:05:17PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2003 15:52, sylvain HELLEGOUARCH wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > This is my first message round here
> >
> > Well, my message is more or less an announcment of my pyirc module for
> > Python (uh uh surprise this is the right place ).
> >
> > This module tries to implement both RFC 1459 and 2812 about IRC protocol.
> > I've decided to code my own module as Python has a lack of IRC ones.
> > Generally speaking, either they are not up-to-date anylonger or they are
> > written for a specific GUI.
> >

> not to downplay your work, but have you looked at Twisted?
> http://twistedmatrix.com/products/twisted

Forget Twisted:

http://python-irclib.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyirclib/

http://sk.nvg.org/python/irc_uninett/

http://tarken.lyrical.net/programmin.../irclib_py.php

http://linux.duke.edu/projects/kibot...ot.irclib.html

But hey, I guess everyone's entitled to write at least one IRC library...

Jp

PS - Not to downplay etc

--
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential

Zcam

Jp Calderone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 08:05:17PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > On Monday 07 July 2003 15:52, sylvain HELLEGOUARCH wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > This is my first message round here
> > >
> > > Well, my message is more or less an announcment of my pyirc module for
> > > Python (uh uh surprise this is the right place ).
> > >
> > > This module tries to implement both RFC 1459 and 2812 about IRC protocol.
> > > I've decided to code my own module as Python has a lack of IRC ones.
> > > Generally speaking, either they are not up-to-date anylonger or they are
> > > written for a specific GUI.
> > >

> > not to downplay your work, but have you looked at Twisted?
> > http://twistedmatrix.com/products/twisted
> >

> Forget Twisted:
>
> http://python-irclib.sourceforge.net/
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyirclib/
>
> http://sk.nvg.org/python/irc_uninett/
>
> http://tarken.lyrical.net/programmin.../irclib_py.php
>
> http://linux.duke.edu/projects/kibot...ot.irclib.html
>
> But hey, I guess everyone's entitled to write at least one IRC library...
>
> Jp
>
> PS - Not to downplay etc

I dont know about Twisted, but the other existing python irc
implementations do not follow the rfc's specifications (not entirely).

Nice peace of work Sylvain .