Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Gurus; "Legend in their own Lunchtime"?

Python Gurus; "Legend in their own Lunchtime"?

gmduncan

UK "Private Eye" readers will wink at this.

I've been flicking thru Alex Martelli's "Python In a Nutshell"
and have been impressed by the authoritive tone , and scope of
its contents.

An impressive production from a technical point of view, even tho
I doubt that anyone could have created it all without help.

But am I the only one to feel discomforted by the many Olympian
(questionable) judgements he scatters through the code, about
every aspect of software development ? A better editor needed ...

I also wonder why he never saw fit to mention under "Books and
Magazines", Graysons book "Python and TKinter Programming".

Martelli needs to say why. Alex - are you there ?

- Gary (irritated)

Peter Hansen

gmduncan wrote:

> But am I the only one to feel discomforted by the many Olympian
> (questionable) judgements he scatters through the code, about
> every aspect of software development ? A better editor needed ...

If they're so questionable, why not question them? About
which ones, specifically, do you have a beef? Maybe we can
discuss them here, and all agree that the author missed the
boat big time one pronouncement X or Y...

-Peter