Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Python is a gem, you need to keep pushing it ....

RE: Python is a gem, you need to keep pushing it ....

sismex01@hebmex.com

Seems like he is; in my experience Python has been flexible
enough to fit any problem I've tossed at it.

-gustavo

Advertencia:La informacion contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y
restringida, por lo tanto esta destinada unicamente para el uso de la
persona arriba indicada, se le notifica que esta prohibida la difusion de
este mensaje. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, o si hay problemas en
la transmision, favor de comunicarse con el remitente. Gracias.

Peter Hansen

Peter Hansen wrote:

> [...]

Thus contradicting myself, of course. What I meant to say
was "I know what you mean, since I've found it highly suitable
as well, but no one with good experience in computing could
reasonably claim it will fit *all* problems except hardware drivers."

-Peter

delphiro

> Thus contradicting myself, of course. What I meant to say was "I know what you mean, since I've found it highly suitable as well, but no one with good experience in computing could reasonably claim it will fit *all* problems except hardware drivers."

Off course there will always be better solutions for specific computing problems. In our company however there is not
a thing that could not be done with Python. And as I think of our company as a very regular IT company ('development keywords'; gui / database / internet / client-server / sorter-system (well the last is not too regular I guess ) this will fit for a lot of IT companies.

And off course, if someone wants to have a macro for Word of Excel, Python won't do but it *will* for almost any regular IT job. That's my point.

--
[-- http://pyciv.sourceforge.net --]