Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Py + CGI or other ?

Py + CGI or other ?

Krisztian Kepes

Hi !

I want to substitute/replace my php site to python, 'cause
I fall in love with Python, and not want to continue the work with php.

A question:
- how to I make the change ?
So, I take an interest in Python+Web. Where I starting this learning ?

1.
I use php used in module, not in cgi ?
The python can load to apache in module ?

2.
Or I must create an CGI library ?

3.
The BaseHTTPServer is good for starting an cgi development ?

4.
Can the python handle the session of web browsers ?

5.
Can the python access other db servers (not mysql) ?

Thx:
KK

YoTuco

Krisztian Kepes wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I want to substitute/replace my php site to python, 'cause
> I fall in love with Python, and not want to continue the work with php.
>
> A question:
> - how to I make the change ?
> So, I take an interest in Python+Web. Where I starting this learning ?
>
> 1.
> I use php used in module, not in cgi ?
> The python can load to apache in module ?
>
> 2.
> Or I must create an CGI library ?
>
> 3.
> The BaseHTTPServer is good for starting an cgi development ?
>
> 4.
> Can the python handle the session of web browsers ?
>
> 5.
> Can the python access other db servers (not mysql) ?
>
> Thx:
> KK

I think www.python.org --> documentation and
http://www.python.org/topics/web/ has a lot of your answers.

1. Yes, mod_python. Compile Python with no threads.
2. That is one option. And I think there is a Python fast cgi module, too.
3. If it can do forms as a default, why not.
4. Don't know.
5. Yes