Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Distutils directory questions

Distutils directory questions

Edward K. Ream

My manifest.in file works if I have entries of the form:

include subdirectory/file

However, I haven't been able to get any of the following to work:

include ../subdirectory/file
include <full path>/file
recursive-include ../subdirectory/file
recursive-include <full path>/file

The patterns are glob patterns: does this include .. as well and other path
delims?

As a result, I've had to put setup.py, manifest.in, etc in a directory that
includes all my subdirectories. I would really rather run setup.py from a
subdirectory.

Any suggestions?

Edward
Edward K. Ream email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)