Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Re: OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Gerrit Holl

Anders Hammarquist wrote:
> Gerrit Holl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >hee de her linus torvalds oh ja utallar linux linux

> and that would really be:
>
> Hej, det här är Linus Torvalds och jag uttalar Linux Linux.

This post actually more than quadruples the number of Google results
on this phrase (:

http://groups.google.nl/groups?q=%22...UTF-8&filter=0

Was: 1 result
Is: 6 results
After this one: 7 results

"Hej" --> "Hello"?
"det" --> "This"?
"har" --> "here"?
"ar" --> "is"?
"och" --> "and"?
"jag" --> "I"?
"uttalar" --> "pronounce'?

yours,
Gerrit.

--
34. If a ... or a ... harm the property of a captain, injure the
captain, or take away from the captain a gift presented to him by the

Anders Hammarquist

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Gerrit Holl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Anders Hammarquist wrote:
>> Gerrit Holl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >hee de her linus torvalds oh ja utallar linux linux

>> and that would really be:
>>
>> Hej, det här är Linus Torvalds och jag uttalar Linux Linux.

>This post actually more than quadruples the number of Google results
>on this phrase (:

Fascinating! (And this would make it 8 then.)

>"Hej" --> "Hello"?
>"det" --> "This"?
>"har" --> "here"?
>"och" --> "and"?
>"uttalar" --> "pronounce'?

Yes, though the phrase "det här är" is probably best translated as just
"this is".

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Physics student, Chalmers University of Technology, | Hem: +46 31 88 48 50