Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Re: OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Fredrik Lundh

Steve Holden wrote:

> > >hee de her linus torvalds oh ja utallar linux linux

> > and that would really be:
> >
> > Hej, det här är Linus Torvalds och jag uttalar Linux Linux.

> So Linus speaks Swedish even though he's a Finn?

Finland has two official languages (as guaranteed by the constitution),
and Linus belongs to the ~6% of the population (~300k people) that
speak Swedish.

Random google background:

http://www.folktinget.fi/foreign/swedish.htm

(Finnish is an officially recognized minority language in Sweden, and
has full official status in parts of Sweden -- i.e. you can use Finnish
in your contacts with the authorities, even if you can speak Swedish.
If my sources are correct, over 400k swedes speak Finnish)

(And when it's my turn to be king, all Swedes will be forced to speak
Swedish with a Finnish accent)

</F>