Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > OT: RfD for German Newsgroup: de.comp.lang.python

OT: RfD for German Newsgroup: de.comp.lang.python

Harald Stowasser

Hello,

I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a RfD
(Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.

I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

---------
Hallo,

ich brauche eure Hilfe. Sind hier User aus Deutschland? Ich möchte einen
RfD schreiben damit die Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python erstellt wird.

Würdet ihr zu de.comp.lang.python wechseln, wenn es diese Newsgroup
geben würde?

--

Daniel Dittmar

Harald Stowasser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a
> RfD (Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup
> de.comp.lang.python.

Try the german mailing list
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/python-de/,
also via news: nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general.german.

Daniel

Stephan Diehl

Harald Stowasser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need support. Are here any german users? Because I want to write a RfD
> (Request for Discussion) to create the new News de.comp.lang.python group

Try the german mailing list:

> I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

probably not (one more source to check)

Stephan

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Harald Stowasser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need support. Are here any german users?

Sure, plenty of them. You do know we have a german-speaking Python
mailing list, don't you? => http://python.net/mailman/listinfo/python-de

I'd suggest you post there and on de.comp.lang.misc, which currently is
the de.* newsgroup where Python is on-topic.

> Because I want to write a RfD
> (Request for Discussion) to create the new Newsgroup de.comp.lang.python.
>
> I'd also like to know, if you would change to de.comp.lang.python.

To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python who
can answer my question there. I believe Unicode questions would have a
good chance of getting good answeres there, for example

Another problem is if we'd want a bi-directional gateway from python-de
to de.comp.lang.python and vice versa.

python-de is currently 100 % spam free. With a bi-directional gateway,
this would create serious problems. I as the list maintainer have enough
to do blocking spam messages already and I won't have the resources to
manually approve every single message coming from the NNTP side.

Spam is less of a problem on a high-traffic mailing list like the
internation Python list, but on low-traffic lists you'll get more noise
than signal and people will quit.

-- Gerhard

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

Gerhard Häring <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> To be honest, I'd probably still ask my own questions here, unless I
> have reason to believe that there are readers of de.comp.lang.python
> who can answer my question there.

Also, as python-de is so low-traffic, I doubt many readers would
prefer to have newsgroup instead of the mailing list. I'm personally
happy with the mailing list.

Regards,
Martin

Help-Charging German Fritzbox from German to English Nigel UK VOIP 4 01-22-2008 10:47 PM
2nd RFD: uk.telecom.voip Ivor Jones VOIP 0 04-08-2005 03:05 PM
RFD: uk.telecom.voip Ivor Jones VOIP 0 03-18-2005 09:18 PM
RFD: rec.photo.digital reorganisation Lionel Digital Photography 0 06-18-2004 08:18 AM
RFD: comp.databases.etl Cara Altman XML 0 09-05-2003 06:09 AM

Advertisments