Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > manipulating PowerPoint with Python?

manipulating PowerPoint with Python?

Greg Wilson

Hi. Has anyone ever written scripts to extract data from PowerPoint using
Python? I know I could dredge through the VB examples in MSDN, and
translate, but if someone's already done this, I'd be grateful for a few
examples. (I have slides done in PPT that I want to convert to simple
HTML --- using "Save as HTML" in PPT creates a lot more goo than I want to
have to wade through.)

Thanks,
Greg

Aurélien Géron

> Hi. Has anyone ever written scripts to extract data from PowerPoint using
> Python? I know I could dredge through the VB examples in MSDN, and
> translate, but if someone's already done this, I'd be grateful for a few
> examples. (I have slides done in PPT that I want to convert to simple
> HTML --- using "Save as HTML" in PPT creates a lot more goo than I want to
> have to wade through.)
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Couldn't you use "Save as HTML" in PPT and then write a simple parser that
would remove the goo? I really don't know which is better because I haven't
seen your ppt generated HTML files, but it's another direction you may want
to look at.

BTW, you may want to check out:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/li...e-htmllib.html

Or find some other parser: