Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Replacement Parts for Cisco

Replacement Parts for Cisco

Fred Atkinson

Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement power supply
for a Cisco Micro Webserver? Cisco told me that it was the same power
supply as one of their 1600 series routers.

My guess is that there are some good places to find used
equipment like this. Can you share a lead or two? I have an option
to buy a refurbished Cisco Micro Webserver but it doesn't include the
power supply. Before I accept the offer, I need to find out what it
would cost to get a replacement power supply.

Thanks,

Fred

Remco Bressers

Hold a sec.. you need a power supply.. You've got an option for a
refurbished webserver without the power supply? What good is this
refurbished one then?!

Anyway.. I usually find my way through E-bay for spare parts.

Remco

Fred Atkinson wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement power supply
> for a Cisco Micro Webserver? Cisco told me that it was the same power
> supply as one of their 1600 series routers.
>
> My guess is that there are some good places to find used
> equipment like this. Can you share a lead or two? I have an option
> to buy a refurbished Cisco Micro Webserver but it doesn't include the
> power supply. Before I accept the offer, I need to find out what it
> would cost to get a replacement power supply.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Fred

Thomas Larus

These Cisco 1600 power supplies are going dirt cheap on ebay. A lot of us
have found ebay to be a great source of odds and ends. Of course, you need
to be prudent and look at feedback, etc.

Sincerely,

Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
Author of CCIE Warm-Up: Advice and Learning Labs
http://www.ipexpert.com/products_ser...asp?sku=ip7777

"Fred Atkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement power supply
> for a Cisco Micro Webserver? Cisco told me that it was the same power
> supply as one of their 1600 series routers.
>
> My guess is that there are some good places to find used
> equipment like this. Can you share a lead or two? I have an option
> to buy a refurbished Cisco Micro Webserver but it doesn't include the
> power supply. Before I accept the offer, I need to find out what it
> would cost to get a replacement power supply.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Fred

Fred Atkinson

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:45:59 -0500, "Thomas Larus" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>These Cisco 1600 power supplies are going dirt cheap on ebay. A lot of us
>have found ebay to be a great source of odds and ends. Of course, you need
>to be prudent and look at feedback, etc.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
>Author of CCIE Warm-Up: Advice and Learning Labs
>http://www.ipexpert.com/products_ser...asp?sku=ip7777
>

>"Fred Atkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement power supply
>> for a Cisco Micro Webserver? Cisco told me that it was the same power
>> supply as one of their 1600 series routers.
>>
>> My guess is that there are some good places to find used
>> equipment like this. Can you share a lead or two? I have an option
>> to buy a refurbished Cisco Micro Webserver but it doesn't include the
>> power supply. Before I accept the offer, I need to find out what it
>> would cost to get a replacement power supply.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Fred

Well, actually, I did buy one on Ebay. It was advertised as a
replacement power supply for the 1600 series router. As Cisco had
already told me that it used the same power supply at the 1600, I
emailed the seller to see if there was any reason I couldn't use it on
the Micro Webserver.

He said it should work. I ordered one. It arrived but it
does not have the same power connector as the Webserver does. I've
emailed him to press him about it, but now he doesn't respond.

As for the Micro Webserver, I got it on Ebay for a mere
fifteen dollars or so (I don't remember the exact price). They
assured me that it works. I won't be able to confirm that without the
power supply, of course.

So, I was hoping someone could tell me where I could get some
budget parts for Cisco products.

But, thanks for responding.

Fred