Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: division

Re: division

Dennis Lee Bieber

kpop fed this fish to the penguins on Sunday 22 June 2003 07:41 pm:

> thanks for the help, I think i will change all the numbers to floating
> points then do the eval
> and if the result is not a float that end with..0 i will inform the
> user they typed something wrong

Which is also not safe... Floating point is NOT an exact arithmetic.
Any good text on computerized numerical processing will explain that
one NEVER tests a floating point for equality. One test for the
difference between two values being less than some epsilon value.

> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <

division by 7 without using division operator krypto.wizard@gmail.com C Programming 94 02-09-2007 06:57 AM
SRT DIvision, Square root and reciprocal square root alghazo@siu.edu VHDL 0 05-27-2004 06:23 AM
polynomial division remainder Manfred Balik VHDL 5 05-18-2004 02:37 AM
FLOATING POINT DIVISION sunwij VHDL 3 12-29-2003 04:44 AM
will Synposys Design Compiler support division by two's power and integer rounding? walala VHDL 12 09-14-2003 03:49 PM

Advertisments