Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Transmiting TV signal to WiFi laptop?

Transmiting TV signal to WiFi laptop?

Chris Macnamara

I'm having real trouble finding any info on whether this is possible, never
mind how to do it!

Ideally, I want to be able to view the output from my Sky+ digibox,
wirelessly on my laptop.

The ONLY solution I have seen is to use a new item, "Slingbox" connected to
a wireless bridge, so the TV signal is sent across the web, but I don't need
it to do as much as that. And it works out quite expensive (230 UK,
including a bridge).

I just need it to get from my living room, to my Laptop, when I am in the
garden. I don't want to record, and I don't need to be able to change the
channel!

Has anyone else managed to, or know how to do this, please? What
equipment/software would I need?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Billy Billy is offline
Junior Member

HP sells a wireless T.V. tuner card but it runs with the new PCI-Express style slots, rather than a regular pci slot, your problem is close to mine, I have a new HP laptop that only has pci-e and cannot find an aircard or even an adapter to run in it, never thought I'd be ahead of the time, heck the American HP site thats where I saw the card,