Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > access list

Reply
Thread Tools

access list

 
 
bruce cao
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2004
I had set up an access list as belowed steps, but it cannot works,

1 Cisco 3810 router,
E0: 128.0.0.1

2 PC: 128.0.0.2

access-list 10 permit 128.0.0.3 0.0.0.0
int e0
ip access-group 10 out
end

but still I can telnet to the 3810 router by 128.0.0.1
what's wrong with my configuration?




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Martin Gallagher
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2004
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:44:59 +0800, bruce cao wrote:

> 1 Cisco 3810 router,
> E0: 128.0.0.1
>
> 2 PC: 128.0.0.2
>
> access-list 10 permit 128.0.0.3 0.0.0.0
> int e0
> ip access-group 10 out
> end


Well, for one, outbound access lists aren't applied to locally generated
traffic, such as telnet on the router.

--
Rgds,
Martin

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bruce cao
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2004
but when I try to use the 'in' , then it works.
like,

ip access-group 10 in


"Martin Gallagher" <(E-Mail Removed)>
??????(E-Mail Removed) rg.au...
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:44:59 +0800, bruce cao wrote:
>
> > 1 Cisco 3810 router,
> > E0: 128.0.0.1
> >
> > 2 PC: 128.0.0.2
> >
> > access-list 10 permit 128.0.0.3 0.0.0.0
> > int e0
> > ip access-group 10 out
> > end

>
> Well, for one, outbound access lists aren't applied to locally generated
> traffic, such as telnet on the router.
>
> --
> Rgds,
> Martin
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Barry Margolin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-30-2004
In article <bvcoc2$oi0$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"bruce cao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> but when I try to use the 'in' , then it works.
> like,
>
> ip access-group 10 in


Inbound access lists are applied to all packets, before the router
determines whether they're going to be forwarded or processed locally.
Outbound access lists are only applied to packets that have been
forwarded.

>
> "Martin Gallagher" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> ??????(E-Mail Removed) rg.au...
> > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:44:59 +0800, bruce cao wrote:
> >
> > > 1 Cisco 3810 router,
> > > E0: 128.0.0.1
> > >
> > > 2 PC: 128.0.0.2
> > >
> > > access-list 10 permit 128.0.0.3 0.0.0.0
> > > int e0
> > > ip access-group 10 out
> > > end

> >
> > Well, for one, outbound access lists aren't applied to locally generated
> > traffic, such as telnet on the router.
> >
> > --
> > Rgds,
> > Martin
> >

>
>


--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Appending a list's elements to another list using a list comprehension Debajit Adhikary Python 17 10-18-2007 06:45 PM
Why does list.__getitem__ return a list instance for subclasses ofthe list type? dackz Python 0 02-06-2007 04:44 PM
403 Forbidden: You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list Southern Kiwi NZ Computing 6 03-19-2006 05:19 AM
Difference Between List x; and List x(); , if 'List' is a Class? roopa C++ 6 08-27-2004 06:18 PM
I'd like to know about the difference of between access-list and ip access -list. PS2 gamer Cisco 6 06-09-2004 01:37 PM



Advertisments