Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > IP failover

IP failover

bill wilson

Folks,

Can IP failover in Cisco Switch IOS level? If I assign three IPs, the
user go into one ip, and this port only distrabute the trafic to two
others. When one of two ip interface down, the trafic just go to
another automaticlly. Thank you for your help.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
bill wilson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Can IP failover in Cisco Switch IOS level? If I assign three IPs, the
:user go into one ip, and this port only distrabute the trafic to two
thers. When one of two ip interface down, the trafic just go to
:another automaticlly. Thank you for your help.

No, switches don't know anything about IPs other than for management
purposes (and some do igmp snooping.)

You might be able to do it on some software versions of some routers.

--
Live it up, rip it up, why so lazy?
Give it out, dish it out, let's go crazy, yeah!