Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN Site-to-Site with PIX 506 and PIX 515UR (6.3.1). How ?

VPN Site-to-Site with PIX 506 and PIX 515UR (6.3.1). How ?

Javier Villegas

Hi.

We have a PIX 515UR in my corporate network with a public IP Address on
the outside interface, and we have a remote location with a PIX506 and pppoe
thought an ADSL Internet connection. My private LAN is 192.168.1.0/24)

The remote pix (506) must give DHCP address to all the clients
(192.168.10.0/24) and must make an automatic VPN connection to the corporate
network. If it possible, they must connet to internet too.

Is this posible using EasyVPN feature ? is this the correct way ?

Do you have a configuration example ?

Thanks in advance

Javier

Walter Roberson

In article <dSvRb.12196$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Javier Villegas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: We have a PIX 515UR in my corporate network with a public IP Address on
:the outside interface, and we have a remote location with a PIX506 and pppoe
:thought an ADSL Internet connection. My private LAN is 192.168.1.0/24)

:The remote pix (506) must give DHCP address to all the clients
192.168.10.0/24) and must make an automatic VPN connection to the corporate
:network. If it possible, they must connet to internet too.

:Is this posible using EasyVPN feature ? is this the correct way ?

All those things are possible (unless you want the internet access
to go through the corporate network instead of directly), but you will
probably need a bit more setup than EasyVPN. You should be able to
start with PDM and have it build most of the pieces.

I suggest, though, that you upgrade to 6.3(3): there is a known security
problem with 6.3(1).
--
"Meme" is self-referential; memes exist if and only if the "meme" meme
exists. "Meme" is thus logically a meta-meme; but until the existance