Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Has anyone successfully created a VPN tunnel between a Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41

Has anyone successfully created a VPN tunnel between a Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41

Clement Kim

If so, please share your incredible knowledge. I have a Cisco 2600
Series router and I added VPN accelerator card. We are using NAT
behind the 2600. My WAN guy is going nuts trying to create a VPN
tunnel between the Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41. We upgraded the
Linksys BEFSX41 to the most recent firmware (1.45.3). Neither Linksys
nor Cisco has been able to help us. If anyone has successfully done
this, your input would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance,
Clem

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Clement Kim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:If so, please share your incredible knowledge. I have a Cisco 2600
:Series router and I added VPN accelerator card. We are using NAT
:behind the 2600. My WAN guy is going nuts trying to create a VPN
:tunnel between the Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41. We upgraded the
:Linksys BEFSX41 to the most recent firmware (1.45.3). Neither Linksys
:nor Cisco has been able to help us. If anyone has successfully done
:this, your input would be greatly appreciated....

It isn't easy to find information on this -- lots of false hits.

In the following posting, someone was trying the same thing:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Secu..._20743317.html

They gave up and put a Netgear FVL328 in and that worked first time.
--
Inevitably, someone will flame me about this .signature.

Rik Bain

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:56:09 -0600, Clement Kim wrote:

> If so, please share your incredible knowledge. I have a Cisco 2600
> Series router and I added VPN accelerator card. We are using NAT behind
> the 2600. My WAN guy is going nuts trying to create a VPN tunnel between
> the Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41. We upgraded the Linksys BEFSX41 to
> the most recent firmware (1.45.3). Neither Linksys nor Cisco has been
> able to help us. If anyone has successfully done this, your input would
> be greatly appreciated....
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Clem

Lets look at some debugs:

debug cry ipsec
debug cry isa

Might shed some light.

hazardous

In theory as long as both boxes are using the same specs they should
connect.

You may have to experiment a bit. I've found that some VPN routers
although have the same specs some things don't match with other
routers. For instance on an Intel Netstructure VPN router you can't
use the PFS setting against a Nortel Contivity, for some reason they
don't match. I found with some Cisco VPN routers you could not do IP
to IP for the security association. IE: 192.168.1.1 -> 192.168.2.5 (I
had to do subnet to subnet to establish the tunnel properly)

By playing around I was able to get the Intel VPN router to connect
to:
Sonicwall TELE/SOHO
Netgear
Netopia
Linksys BEFVP41/SX41
Watchguard
Smoothwall
Cisco Pix/and broadband VPN's
Nortel Contivity
Netscreen
Synmantec 100R and 200r - Pain in the ass though
Merilus Firecard

If you want send me a snapshot of your LINKSYS log when you're trying
to connect and I may be able to help you out. Blank out your IP info.
I just need the error msg's.

Rik Bain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) ainz.org>...
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:56:09 -0600, Clement Kim wrote:
>
> > If so, please share your incredible knowledge. I have a Cisco 2600
> > Series router and I added VPN accelerator card. We are using NAT behind
> > the 2600. My WAN guy is going nuts trying to create a VPN tunnel between
> > the Cisco 2600 and Linksys BEFSX41. We upgraded the Linksys BEFSX41 to
> > the most recent firmware (1.45.3). Neither Linksys nor Cisco has been
> > able to help us. If anyone has successfully done this, your input would
> > be greatly appreciated....
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Clem

> Lets look at some debugs:
>
> debug cry ipsec
> debug cry isa
>
> Might shed some light.

Unnar Gardarsson

Here is how to set up a BEFVP41 to a Cisco 1720, but they should be exactly
the same as what you are trying to do.

http://kb.linksys.com/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=373784&QuestionText=vpn%20ci sco&SelectName1=&advquery=%5bs%5d%5bRank%2c%2050%3 a%5bSum%3a%20vpn%20cisco%5d%5bMerge%3a%20%5bThesau rus%3a%20vpn%20cisco%5d%5d%5d&infobase=linksysrev. nfo&record={425}&softpage=IKW_ENU_JDocView

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Unnar

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...