Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 3000 Concentrator config question ....

Cisco 3000 Concentrator config question ....

Napolean Dynamite

Hello,

My company's IT department does not really support the MAC platform,
but they have supplied me with VPN software for my MAC. Providing the
software to me is the extent of the support I can expect to receive,
so I am posting hear in hopes of understanding some problems I have
encountered. If I can provide a solution to the problem, perhaps they
will make the neccesary changes.

So here's the problem:

When I make a VPN connection (Cisco VPN Client client v3.7 for MacOS
X) to a Cisco 3000 Concentrator everything works as I expected except
I am unable to access any public resources on my company's network.
For example our company web site, available to anybody in the world,
cannot be found by my browser when I have a VPN connection
established.

I am hoping there is a simple configuration parameter that can be
updated to enable access.

Sorry for being so vague, but I don't have any access to the
Concentrator software or documentation. Any ideas or suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Phillip Remaker

"Napolean Dynamite" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> When I make a VPN connection (Cisco VPN Client client v3.7 for MacOS
> X) to a Cisco 3000 Concentrator everything works as I expected except
> I am unable to access any public resources on my company's network.
> For example our company web site, available to anybody in the world,
> cannot be found by my browser when I have a VPN connection
> established.

What is the IP and mask of your LAN interface? If the IP address of the web
site appears to be the local subnet that you are on, the VPN will block
access to avoice violating split tunneling rules.

Also, check the IP address being returned. If your comany uses NAT, you may
get a different DNS response from an inside vs and outside DNS server. Try
http://x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the web server.

Seems most likely to be a NAT related issue.