Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Palm programming (displaying different char-set)

Palm programming (displaying different char-set)

dickyho@cuhk.edu.hk

I am now makeing use of Code Warrior to build an application. I ve
finished developing the whole interface. But now I need to transform
the application to a Chinese version (using Big5).
How can I achieve this? It seems that CodeWarrior doesn't support
Big5. Should I import any library? Thx for answering my question!

Peter Pichler

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I am now makeing use of Code Warrior to build an application. I ve
> finished developing the whole interface.

That's nice.

> But now I need to transform
> the application to a Chinese version (using Big5).
> How can I achieve this? It seems that CodeWarrior doesn't support
> Big5. Should I import any library? Thx for answering my question!

Well, the answer you are going to get here is "we don't know".
Ask where Code Warrior or Big5 is topical.

Peter

Malcolm

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am now makeing use of Code Warrior to build an application. I ve
> finished developing the whole interface. But now I need to transform
> the application to a Chinese version (using Big5).
> How can I achieve this? It seems that CodeWarrior doesn't support
> Big5. Should I import any library? Thx for answering my question!

Unfortunately ANSI C is based on the English character set. There will be
libraries available for Chinese, but there is no standard, and no standard
way of calling them.
If you use any string-handling functions then expect them to break when the
string is translated into Chinese. Really if you are going to translate your
UI into an oriental language you need to plan for this before you write the
English version, separating all the English-language strings out and
handling them internally using methods that will support both English and
Chinese.