Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > initialize serial port

initialize serial port

miguel.ossa

Hi to all!

I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).

I can send any information to the printer using COM1, and the printer
hears me with no problem, but it's not answering to any command.

If I previously execute MSD.EXE, and then I press "C" (Com port
status), then the thing works properly.

Does anybody knows which function I can use to emulate this program?
Or does anybody have another program that does exactly the same
function without interaction with the user? I need to activate the
ports in a public commerce, and I don't want they press "c" and "F3"
every morning in order to work (it's not a clean solucion, isn't it?).

Well, I would appreciate any suggestion... I am leaving Polland this
sunday...

Thanks!!!

Christopher Benson-Manica

miguel.ossa <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
> Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
> C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
> function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/dj3...lc-welcome.txt

Dan Pop

In <(E-Mail Removed)> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (miguel.ossa) writes:

>Hi to all!
>
>I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
>Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
>C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
>function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).
>
>I can send any information to the printer using COM1, and the printer
>hears me with no problem, but it's not answering to any command.
>
>If I previously execute MSD.EXE, and then I press "C" (Com port
>status), then the thing works properly.
>
>Does anybody knows which function I can use to emulate this program?
>Or does anybody have another program that does exactly the same
>function without interaction with the user? I need to activate the
>ports in a public commerce, and I don't want they press "c" and "F3"
>every morning in order to work (it's not a clean solucion, isn't it?).
>
>Well, I would appreciate any suggestion... I am leaving Polland this
>sunday...

Well, if you leave this mythical place called Polland this Sunday, you
have only two mornings left for pressing "c" and "F3" in order to work.
No big deal...

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

Tristan Miller

Greetings.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , miguel.ossa
wrote:
> I have a very strange problem... I am working with a fiscal printer on
> Polland, and trying to communicate with it. I have a program in Visual
> C++ 1.52, over MS/DOS, that initializes the port using int 14h,
> function 00h (the same that does the mode.com command).

[snip]
> Well, I would appreciate any suggestion...

I suggest you ask this question in a group dedicated to Visual C++ and/or
MS-DOS programming.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_

initialize serial port miguel.ossa C++ 2 02-13-2004 08:51 PM
Re: Serial port and PS/2 port schematics OR Assistive Tech. suggestion naive.verizon@locality.net Computer Support 1 07-10-2003 11:46 AM
Re: Serial port and PS/2 port schematics °Mike° Computer Support 1 07-09-2003 10:30 PM

Advertisments