Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Linksys Wireless and DHCP

Linksys Wireless and DHCP

J R

Can anybody tell me if any of the Linksys wireless products support RFC 1542
(bootp) forwarding of DHCP requests? I have searched all the user guides and
the LS site, but couldn't find any references.

Thanks,
JR

Phil Pierotti

I have a pair of WAP54Gs, they bridge ethernet.
Even in AP mode, they're still functionally bridging your client to the network.

Basic networking, it's a layers thing; and to be expected for all 'access point' products
at a consumer level.

Being merely ethernet bridges, they're not particularly "aware" of IP in the sense required
for BOOTP RELAYing.

Also, The Spanish Advisor (manuel) makes *no mention* of such IP related things as BOOTP
RELAY.

Enjoy,
Phil P

In article <(E-Mail Removed) m>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Can anybody tell me if any of the Linksys wireless products support RFC 1542
> (bootp) forwarding of DHCP requests? I have searched all the user guides and
> the LS site, but couldn't find any references.
>
> Thanks,
> JR

J R

I'll buy that for the WAP, but what about the routers?

JR

"Phil Pierotti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). com.au...
> I have a pair of WAP54Gs, they bridge ethernet.
> Even in AP mode, they're still functionally bridging your client to the

network.

> Basic networking, it's a layers thing; and to be expected for all 'access

point' products
> at a consumer level.
>
> Being merely ethernet bridges, they're not particularly "aware" of IP in

the sense required
> for BOOTP RELAYing.
>
> Also, The Spanish Advisor (manuel) makes *no mention* of such IP related

things as BOOTP
> RELAY.
>
> Enjoy,
> Phil P