Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Is there a C runtime file delete function?

Is there a C runtime file delete function?

Angus Comber

I have been looking at the fopen etc but cannot seem to find a way to delete
a file using C runtime functions.

Angus Comber

Christopher Benson-Manica

Angus Comber <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> I have been looking at the fopen etc but cannot seem to find a way to delete
> a file using C runtime functions.

(That's because you can't, with standard C.)

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/dj3...lc-welcome.txt

Richard Heathfield

Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

> Angus Comber <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
>
>> I have been looking at the fopen etc but cannot seem to find a way to
>> delete a file using C runtime functions.

> (That's because you can't, with standard C.)

Wrong.

--
Richard Heathfield : (E-Mail Removed)

Richard Heathfield

Angus Comber wrote:

> I have been looking at the fopen etc but cannot seem to find a way to
> delete a file using C runtime functions.

Yes. It's called remove(), and it is declared in <stdio.h>

--
Richard Heathfield : (E-Mail Removed)

Alan Balmer

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:33:07 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Benson-Manica
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Angus Comber <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
>
>> I have been looking at the fopen etc but cannot seem to find a way to delete
>> a file using C runtime functions.

>(That's because you can't, with standard C.)
>
>http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/dj3...lc-welcome.txt
>http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html
>http://benpfaff.org/writings/clc/off-topic.html

<G>

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

Thomas Stegen

Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
> Angus Comber <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
>

>>I have been looking at the fopen etc but cannot seem to find a way to delete
>>a file using C runtime functions.

> (That's because you can't, with standard C.)

Then what does remove do?

--
Thomas.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Thomas Stegen <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> Then what does remove do?

Remove my sense of shame? *sigh*