Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > [ot?] matrix inversion

[ot?] matrix inversion

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

Hi,
where can I find ready-to-use function like

void Inverse(float **v; int n);

that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).

Best if it would be open-source

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GG-1175498 ____| ]____,

Tom St Denis

"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Hi,
> where can I find ready-to-use function like
>
> void Inverse(float **v; int n);
>
> that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).
>
> Best if it would be open-source

Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!

****, if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
software at all...

Tom

Christopher Benson-Manica

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> where can I find ready-to-use function like
> void Inverse(float **v; int n);
> that will inverse given array (I need only inverting rectangular arrays).
> Best if it would be open-source

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/writing...off-topic.html

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

news:AhbNb.21870$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com

> Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
> HOMEWORK!!!

Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
past for me.

> ****,

No, thanks

> if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
> software at all...

In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather use
BigInt library for handlig big numbers, that waste time to write it from
scratch.

Hm, thanks for both comments any way, sorry for OT.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~l-.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GG-1175498 ____| ]____,

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

(E-Mail Removed)
news:AhbNb.21870$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com

> Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
> HOMEWORK!!!

Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
past for me.

> ****,

No, thanks

> if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
> software at all...

In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it

> > if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
> > software at all...

> In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

And that would be? If you don't know high school algebra... um.... YOU
SHOULD NOT BE WRITING SOFTWARE!!!

> I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather

use
> BigInt library for handlig big numbers, that waste time to write it from
> scratch.

Then google for a library with matrix math. Duh.

Your question totally smacks of homework whether you admit it or not.

Tom

Joona I Palaste

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> (E-Mail Removed)
> news:AhbNb.21870$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com
>> Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
>> HOMEWORK!!!

> Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
> past for me.

>> if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
>> software at all...

Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
writing to technical newsgroups at all?

> In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

> I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
> use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it
> from scratch.

I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
same software as he is?

"It's not survival of the fattest, it's survival of the fittest."
- Ludvig von Drake

Tom St Denis

"Joona I Palaste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu3k0r$14p$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> > news:AhbNb.21870$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com
> >> Yeah that would be best..... so you don't have todo YOUR OWN
> >> HOMEWORK!!!

> > Dear Tom, first of all - times when I had to do homeworks are far in the
> > past for me.

> >> if you can't right a RREF function you have no business writing
> >> software at all...

> Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
> writing to technical newsgroups at all?

Um what is more critical to writing decent software. Knowing math, not
being lazy, being motivated or spelling correctly in usenet... Hmm...

> > In fact I exacly do have business in software development.

> > I just dont see any point in opening "open dors" same as I would rather
> > use BigInt library for handlig big numbers, then waste time to write it
> > from scratch.

> I have to say that I do not agree with Tom at all, and I am not pleased
> at his insulting tone. I have been in the software writing business for
> four years, and never once have had to write a matrix inversion routine
> from scratch. Maybe Tom needs to realise not everyone is writing the
> same software as he is?

Maybe the question smacks of homeworkism? Cuz the bitch is probably off
from winter break and now has an assignment due. Instead of actually paying
attention in class and doing the lab work he probably skips class then last
minute looks for a fix.

That and the OP ought to learn what the **** google is. E.g. a quick google
turns up

http://www.library.cornell.edu/nr/bookcpdf.html

Tom

Mark A. Odell

"Tom St Denis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:XxcNb.22999$(E-Mail Removed) .cable.rogers.com:

> That and the OP ought to learn what the f*ck google is. E.g. a quick
> google turns up

Would you mind not cursing in a professional newsgroup?
--
- Mark ->

Alan Balmer

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:40:55 GMT, "Tom St Denis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> Can I say that if Tom can't spell "write" right, he has no business
>> writing to technical newsgroups at all?

>Um what is more critical to writing decent software. Knowing math, not
>being lazy, being motivated or spelling correctly in usenet... Hmm...

The question for me is what's required to write newsgroup articles I
want to read. Yours don't qualify, for several reasons, not the least
of which is a severe case of coprolalia.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting