Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > HTTP basic authentication

HTTP basic authentication

Yodai

Hi all...

I have this project on an embbeded system where I've programmed a very
simple dynamic web-server on C, which serves 1 connection at a time. I need
to implement a basic authentication system. I've heard the easiest is to go
for
HTTP 1.1 authentication, but I don't know ho to implement it.... Can anybody
give me some advice, guidelines on where to start?

Thank's ...... oh, and happy new year!!

Yodai

Mark A. Odell

"Yodai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Q2AKb.2419160$(E-Mail Removed) s:

> I have this project on an embbeded system where I've programmed a very
> simple dynamic web-server on C, which serves 1 connection at a time. I
> need to implement a basic authentication system. I've heard the easiest
> is to go for
> HTTP 1.1 authentication, but I don't know ho to implement it.... Can
> anybody give me some advice, guidelines on where to start?

Not here. This is not a question about the C language. Try
comp.arch.emebedded instead.

--
- Mark ->

lallous

"Mark A. Odell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns946872D5395B9CopyrightMarkOdell@130.133.1. 4...
> "Yodai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Q2AKb.2419160$(E-Mail Removed) s:
>
> > I have this project on an embbeded system where I've programmed a very
> > simple dynamic web-server on C, which serves 1 connection at a time. I
> > need to implement a basic authentication system. I've heard the easiest
> > is to go for
> > HTTP 1.1 authentication, but I don't know ho to implement it.... Can
> > anybody give me some advice, guidelines on where to start?

> Not here. This is not a question about the C language. Try
> comp.arch.emebedded instead.
>
> --
> - Mark ->
> --

In addition you might want to read the HTTP/1.1 Protocol (RFC 2616)

--
Elias

Mark A. Odell

"lallous" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bth6df$7567v$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

>> > I have this project on an embbeded system where I've programmed a
>> > very simple dynamic web-server on C, which serves 1 connection at a
>> > time. I need to implement a basic authentication system. I've heard
>> > the easiest is to go for
>> > HTTP 1.1 authentication, but I don't know ho to implement it.... Can
>> > anybody give me some advice, guidelines on where to start?

>> Not here. This is not a question about the C language. Try
>> comp.arch.emebedded instead.

> In addition you might want to read the HTTP/1.1 Protocol (RFC 2616)

Thanks, I will. Wait a minute, I didn't ask the question. I'm confused
now.

--
- Mark ->