Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C API for MySQL?

C API for MySQL?

Try Kret

Hello,

Any good documents on how to connect and manipulate data stored in MySQL.

Faithfully yours,
Try.

John L

"Try Kret" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
>
> Any good documents on how to connect and manipulate data stored in MySQL.

There are documents on the mysql.com web site
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/C.html

Google finds some alternatives like:
http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/Se...ticle304.shtml

Whether they are *good* documents is off-topic in comp.lang.c
which discusses ISO standard C (the core C language, if you like,
rather than extensions or libraries which handle specific platforms
or interact with particular databases) and questions of topicality.

John.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Try Kret <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> Any good documents on how to connect and manipulate data stored in MySQL.

(The below welcome text was originally written by Ben Pfaff)

Your question is outside the domain of comp.lang.c, which discusses
only the standard C programming language, including the standard C
library. This is a remarkably narrow topic compared to what many
people expect.

For your convenience, the list below contains topics that are not
on-topic for comp.lang.c, and suggests newsgroups for you to explore
if you have questions about these topics. Please do observe proper
netiquette before posting to any of these newsgroups. In particular,
you should read the group's charter and FAQ, if any (FAQs are
available from www.faqs.org and other sources). If those fail to
answer your question then you should browse through at least two weeks
of recent articles to make sure that your question has not already
been answered.

* OS-specific questions, such as how to clear the screen,
access the network, list the files in a directory, or read
"piped" output from a subprocess. These questions should be
directed to OS-specific newsgroups, such as
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc, comp.unix.programmer, or
comp.os.linux.development.apps.

* Compiler-specific questions, such as installation issues and
locations of header files. Ask about these in
compiler-specific newsgroups, such as gnu.gcc.help or
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.misc. Questions about writing
compilers are appropriate in comp.compilers.

* Processor-specific questions, such as questions about
assembly and machine code. x86 questions are appropriate in
comp.lang.asm.x86, embedded system processor questions may
be appropriate in comp.arch.embedded.

* ABI-specific questions, such as how to interface assembly
code to C. These questions are both processor- and
OS-specific and should typically be asked in OS-specific
newsgroups.

* Algorithms, except questions about C implementations of
algorithms. "How do I implement algorithm X in C?" is not a
question about a C implementation of an algorithm, it is a
request for source code. Newsgroups comp.programming and
comp.theory may be appropriate.

* Making C interoperate with other languages. C has no
facilities for such interoperation. These questions should
be directed to system- or compiler-specific newsgroups. C++
has features for interoperating with C, so consider
comp.lang.c++ for such questions.

* The C standard, as opposed to standard C. Questions about
the C standard are best asked in comp.std.c.

* C++. Please do not post or cross-post questions about C++
to comp.lang.c. Ask C++ questions in C++ newsgroups, such
as comp.lang.c++ or comp.lang.c++.moderated.

* Test posts. Please test in a newsgroup meant for testing,
such as alt.test.

news.groups.questions is a good place to ask about the appropriate
newsgroup for a given topic.

Try Kret

Christopher Benson-Manica <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bsherq$f29$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> [...]

> question about a C implementation of an algorithm, it is a
> request for source code. Newsgroups comp.programming and
> comp.theory may be appropriate.
>
> * Making C interoperate with other languages. C has no
> facilities for such interoperation. These questions should
> be directed to system- or compiler-specific newsgroups. C++
> has features for interoperating with C, so consider
> comp.lang.c++ for such questions.
>
> * The C standard, as opposed to standard C. Questions about
> the C standard are best asked in comp.std.c.
>
> * C++. Please do not post or cross-post questions about C++
> to comp.lang.c. Ask C++ questions in C++ newsgroups, such
> as comp.lang.c++ or comp.lang.c++.moderated.
>
> * Test posts. Please test in a newsgroup meant for testing,
> such as alt.test.
>
> news.groups.questions is a good place to ask about the appropriate

OH, I am really very sorry about that. I was so hurry to search for
the topic that I did not think about this and also I do not know
clearly which groups are appropriate.

Faithfully yours,
Try