Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > getting CPU usage in windows 2000

getting CPU usage in windows 2000

harish

Hi Friends,
I am working on a project for which I need a module in
C for Windows 2000 which would be able to return the exact load on the
cpu at any given time. In windows 98 i can get the cpu load from
registry key HKEY_DYN_DATA but in windows 2000, this registry key is
not there.
I am aware of many utilities and routines that are available
in Unix, but I am specifically looking for something in Windows. Any
help in this matter would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Harish

Kevin Goodsell

harish wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I am working on a project for which I need a module in
> C for Windows 2000 which would be able to return the exact load on the
> cpu at any given time. In windows 98 i can get the cpu load from
> registry key HKEY_DYN_DATA but in windows 2000, this registry key is
> not there.
> I am aware of many utilities and routines that are available
> in Unix, but I am specifically looking for something in Windows. Any
> help in this matter would be really appreciated.

Windows-specific questions are off-topic here. Try a Windows programming
group. This group discusses the C language as defined by the
international C standard. There is no way in standard C to do what you want.

-Kevin

Mark McIntyre

On 5 Dec 2003 22:30:54 -0800, in comp.lang.c , http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
(harish) wrote:

>Hi Friends,
> I am working on a project for which I need a module in
>C for Windows 2000 which would be able to return the exact load on the
>cpu at any given time. In windows 98 i can get the cpu load from
>registry key HKEY_DYN_DATA but in windows 2000, this registry key is
>not there.

This is offtopic here. I'm sure that one of the countless
windows/win32 programming groups can tell you, and probably they'll
menmion the performance monitoring API. As will the online help, if
you bother to search if.

--
Mark McIntyre