Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > threads -> multiple?

threads -> multiple?

Luke

I need to start a bunch of threads in the simplest way possible.

However, I don't know how many I will need to start.

Is it valid to call pthread_create with the same tid ,attr, and handler
function variables? I don't need any info from the threads (they know
what to do).

--
Luke StClair

Christopher Benson-Manica

Luke <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> I need to start a bunch of threads in the simplest way possible.

Then you probably want to hang out on comp.programming.threads, or
perhaps comp.unix.programmer. This newsgroup discusses ANSI C only,
which does not cover threads at all.

Kelsey Bjarnason

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:27:41 +0000, Luke wrote:

> I need to start a bunch of threads in the simplest way possible.
>
> However, I don't know how many I will need to start.
>
> Is it valid to call pthread_create with the same tid ,attr, and handler
> function variables? I don't need any info from the threads (they know
> what to do).

Which is more than we can say, since C doesn't have thread support. Try a
newsgroup specific to your implementation, OS, thread library or whatever.