Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Link two lists

Link two lists

Perpetual Snow

How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.

Thanks

Kevin Goodsell

Perpetual Snow wrote:

> How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
> I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.

This group discusses the C language. This is not a C language issue.

-Kevin

J. J. Farrell

"Perpetual Snow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fc461e0$0$27037$(E-Mail Removed)...

> How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
> I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.

Trivially, to the extent that almost any attempt to point you
in the right direction would complete this homework assignment
for you in its entirety.

Post a compileable program showing your attempt, and an explanation
of how you've tried to find the problems, and someone will help
you sort out the details.

Capstar

Perpetual Snow wrote:
> How can I link two linked lists with no memory allocation?
> I'm searching for an algorithm which is constant in runtime and space.
>
> Thanks

<OT>
Take a look in "include/linux/list.h" of the linux source. If this is
homework you'll probably won't get that anyway. If not, it's a nice
implementation of a list without memory allocation.
</OT>

Mark