Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > VFW.h link error

VFW.h link error

Helen

Hi I am trying to compile a package of avi to mpeg1 C source codes
But I got the link error
I searched actually my VFW.h and Vfw32.lib are all in the directory
what should I do
thanks a lot
Linking...
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileExit@0
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileRelease@4
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrameC
lose@4
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamReadForma
t@16
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamInfoA@12
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrame@
8
Readpic.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrame@8

Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamGetFrameO
pen@8
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileGetStream@1
6
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileInfoA@12
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileOpenA@16
Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileInit@0
Encode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIStreamRead@28
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@
16
Debug/AviMp1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
AviMp1.exe - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Richard Heathfield

Helen wrote:

> Hi I am trying to compile a package of avi to mpeg1 C source codes
> But I got the link error

This is really an implementation question rather than a language question.
Please direct future implementation questions to newsgroups devoted to your
implementation.

> I searched actually my VFW.h and Vfw32.lib are all in the directory
> what should I do
> thanks a lot
> Linking...
> Avi2mpg1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AVIFileExit@0

Did you tell your implementation to link Vfw32.lib? Having it in the same
directory is not sufficient.

<snip>

> LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _WinMain@ 16

Tell your implementation that you want a console application, not a GUI
program.

--
Richard Heathfield : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Jack Klein

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:22:16 -0600, "Helen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in comp.lang.c:

> Hi I am trying to compile a package of avi to mpeg1 C source codes
> But I got the link error
> I searched actually my VFW.h and Vfw32.lib are all in the directory
> what should I do
> thanks a lot

Around here, members of the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) would
probably be very unhappy with anyone who tried to link them to mpeg1
source code.

Considering what it was they did that qualified them to join the VFW,
even if it was some time ago for many of them, I personally wouldn't
want to try to link them against their wishes.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com