Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Transparent proxy and Cisco router 831 and IOS 12.2

Transparent proxy and Cisco router 831 and IOS 12.2

Mirek

Hello everybody

Please help. I would like to obtain a transparent proxy effect. I have a
private network connected to a cisco router 831 with IOS 831. So, I would
like to redirect fraffic on port 80 from this network to proxy server on
port 80 with public IP.

I tried with ip nat inside ... but this is on-to-one solution.

Please help.

Thx a lof
Mirek

Alan Strassberg

In article <budio3$br0$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mirek <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello everybody
>
>Please help. I would like to obtain a transparent proxy effect. I have a
>private network connected to a cisco router 831 with IOS 831. So, I would
>like to redirect fraffic on port 80 from this network to proxy server on
>port 80 with public IP.
>
>I tried with ip nat inside ... but this is on-to-one solution.

wccp is your friend if your cache supports it.

Global: ip wccp web-cache
Interface attached to cache: ip wccp web-cache redirect out

If not:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html#ss17.5

alan

Connecting Cisco 831 Router behind the D-Link Router Yajesh Shanker Cisco 7 03-29-2007 10:46 AM
getting ios for cisco 831 from another router cadbury Cisco 2 09-06-2006 04:06 PM
Help with IOS- 831 Router Radley Cisco 1 01-23-2005 02:56 PM
T/Clear transparent proxy croaked, anybody got an open proxy handy? James Sleeman NZ Computing 12 09-19-2004 08:32 AM
Can this be done cisco 831 vpn into another 831? Jimmyzshack Cisco 1 11-19-2003 09:09 PM

Advertisments