Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CiscoSecure ACS replication & Check Point Firewall

CiscoSecure ACS replication & Check Point Firewall

Alexals

Dear techies,
I hope all of you can help me with this thoughest
problem. I had two CiscoACS servers (ver 3.2.1 on Windows 2K) which
both of it are behind both Check Point firewall (NG AI). As I
understand from the CiscoSecure documentation on database
replications, the data is in encrypted format and it used port 2000
for data transfering between both radiuses. I had setup Check Point
firewall and allowed port 2002 for database replication between both
radiuses.

Both of my radiuses using pre-shared secret key in order for both
radiuses securely communicate between each others. When I initialized
database replication process on first firewall, after a while an error
message occured saying "Database replication to ACS 'radius' aborted -
shared secret mismatch". The second radius reported the same error
message. I'm not sure whether the firewall had modified the packets
during the replication process.

Anybody had this problem ? Can anyone give me a solution for this
problem?

Regards,
Alex

dumptrash dumptrash is offline
Junior Member

From:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/p....html#wp755988

ACS Internal Database Replication

Note: ACS does not support distributed deployments in a NAT environment. If a Primary or Secondary address is NATed, the database replication file will indicate shared secret mismatch.