Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Why are you still using C?

Why are you still using C?

E. Robert Tisdale

Irrwahn Grausewitz

Why are you still trollsdaling?
--
Irrwahn
((E-Mail Removed))

Ed Morton

On 10/28/2003 1:09 PM, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
> http://www.objectmentor.com/resource...tillUsingC.pdf
>
> http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg2...2003/n1430.pdf
> http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/PDTR18015.pdf
> http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg2...2003/n1487.pdf
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...news.dfncis.de
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.c++.perfometer/
>
> http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMa...erformance.htm
> http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMa...rformance2.htm
> http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMa...AndCPPCode.htm

This is the third recent article you've posted with absolutely no text
explaining the purpose of your posting. If you're trying to make a point and
list some supporting articles, then please don't forget to make your point! I
doubt if many participants in this NG have time to go off reading a slew of
articles without some indication from the poster of why that might be a
reasonable idea.

Ed.

Ben Pfaff

Ed Morton <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On 10/28/2003 1:09 PM, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
> > [URLs]

> This is the third recent article you've posted with absolutely no text
> explaining the purpose of your posting. [...]

ERT is a troll, so just ignore him.

Ed Morton

On 10/28/2003 7:14 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Ed Morton <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>On 10/28/2003 1:09 PM, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
>>
>>>[URLs]

>>This is the third recent article you've posted with absolutely no text
>>explaining the purpose of your posting. [...]

> ERT is a troll, so just ignore him.

I've seen a lot of postings stating that, but until recently I never actually
believed his postings were INTENTIONALLY provocative. This recent outpouring
casts a whole new light though...

Ed.

Default User

Ed Morton wrote:

> > ERT is a troll, so just ignore him.

> I've seen a lot of postings stating that, but until recently I never actually
> believed his postings were INTENTIONALLY provocative. This recent outpouring
> casts a whole new light though...

Just a lack of experience on your part. I'm familiar with his
shenanigans from comp.lang.c++. Apparently he got tired of trolling over
there and decided to try clc for a while.

Brian Rodenborn

Michael B Allen

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:09:38 -0500, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:

<snip>

Wow, that was very interesting! I think we should all stop using C now
guys. Ok? I'm dusting off my C++ book right now. So how do we shutdown
this newsgroup? No one should post here anymore. Ok?

Nice talking to you. If anyone needs to contact me I'll be over at
comp.lang.c++.

Farewell,
Mike

Joe Wright

Michael B Allen wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:09:38 -0500, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Wow, that was very interesting! I think we should all stop using C now
> guys. Ok? I'm dusting off my C++ book right now. So how do we shutdown
> this newsgroup? No one should post here anymore. Ok?
>
> Nice talking to you. If anyone needs to contact me I'll be over at
> comp.lang.c++.

I'm right behind you Mike. OK you guys, the last one out turn off the
lights.
--
Joe Wright http://www.jw-wright.com
--- Albert Einstein ---

Christopher Benson-Manica

Joe Wright <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> I'm right behind you Mike. OK you guys, the last one out turn off the
> lights.

And call free() on all pointers? Heck, I'm going to invoke some undefined
behavior before I leave... stand back!!

Micah Cowan

Default User <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Ed Morton wrote:
>
> > > ERT is a troll, so just ignore him.

> > I've seen a lot of postings stating that, but until recently I never actually
> > believed his postings were INTENTIONALLY provocative. This recent outpouring
> > casts a whole new light though...

> Just a lack of experience on your part. I'm familiar with his
> shenanigans from comp.lang.c++. Apparently he got tired of trolling over
> there and decided to try clc for a while.

Actually, since I started back up reading the NG a couple months
ago (due to the enormous amount of free time I currently enjoy
due to being suddenly unemployed), none of his posts have struck
me as trolls either. I'd be mildly interested in some references,
if someone wants to bother with that.

--
Micah J. Cowan