Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > SQL without a database

SQL without a database

Shane McAndrew

Hi,

I am planning to write a language manipulation program. My data is
saved as tab-delimited unicode text format. Is there a way (or a
libary) that I can manipulate this data using SQL commands without
setting up a database?

Shane

Tom St Denis

"Shane McAndrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to write a language manipulation program. My data is
> saved as tab-delimited unicode text format. Is there a way (or a
> libary) that I can manipulate this data using SQL commands without
> setting up a database?

Write many C statements, compile, admire.

Tom

Michel Bardiaux

Shane McAndrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to write a language manipulation program. My data is
> saved as tab-delimited unicode text format. Is there a way (or a
> libary) that I can manipulate this data using SQL commands without
> setting up a database?
>

> Shane

One of those cases where you can be mightili frustrated until you find
the proper keywords...

Try google for "main memory dbms". In particular, try "open source main
memory dmbs"...

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A. Bd. du Souverain, 191 B-1160 Bruxelles

William Ahern

Shane McAndrew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,

> I am planning to write a language manipulation program. My data is
> saved as tab-delimited unicode text format. Is there a way (or a
> libary) that I can manipulate this data using SQL commands without
> setting up a database?

SQLite: An Embeddable SQL Database Engine

http://www.sqlite.org/