Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Header file parser?

Header file parser?

Laurens

Hi,

I need a header file parser that extracts function and type names and dumps
them to text file. (These names will in turn be added as keywords to my
editor so that I get syntax highlighting.)

Is there such a utility available?

Thanks
-Laurens

Tristan Miller

Greetings.

In article <bm8uvh$nr8$(E-Mail Removed)>, Laurens wrote:
> I need a header file parser that extracts function and type names and
> dumps them to text file. (These names will in turn be added as keywords to
> my editor so that I get syntax highlighting.)
>
> Is there such a utility available?

ctags, perhaps? If your editor doesn't already do C syntax highlighting,
you may want to consider switching to one that does. It's a very common
feature nowadays.

--
_

Laurens

"Tristan Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ctags, perhaps? If your editor doesn't already do C syntax highlighting,
> you may want to consider switching to one that does. It's a very common
> feature nowadays.

Thanks! I tried Exuberant Ctags and it seems to do what I want. I'm using
JEdit, which does have a C/C++ editing mode(w/ syntax highlighting).
Additionally, I want the functions and types of the Palm OS API to be
highlighted to help detect typos.

Regards
-Laurens