Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

How can I open a file, skip first 2 lines and get the 50th character?

Alan Balmer

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:17:31 GMT, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello Mark McIntyre,
>
>On 13-Oct-2003, Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Because the headers said so. But you knew that, or you'd not be busy
>> munging yours now. Probably XNews or webmail by the way.

>Oh! Don't acuse me of munging my headers
>All I was trying to say was that you cannot confirm by just seeing the
>headers.
>
>Now guess where this post originated.
>Answer the X-question

These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

nospam@nospam.invalid

Hello Alan Balmer,

On 13-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

Your using Agent?
Right click. Kill filter. Subject OT

Done?

Alan Balmer

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:30:45 GMT, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello Alan Balmer,
>
>On 13-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

>Your using Agent?

Yes. I have no need to hide my newsreader.

>Right click. Kill filter. Subject OT
>

>Done?

Off topic is still off topic, whether identified as such or not.

You apparently operate on the theory that if I choose to drive on the
wrong side of the road, it's your responsibility to get out of the
way.

Take your silliness elsewhere.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

nospam@nospam.invalid

Hello Alan Balmer,

On 14-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:30:45 GMT, "(E-Mail Removed)"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hello Alan Balmer,
> >
> >On 13-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> These games are not topical to c.l.c. Please go elsewhere.

> >Your using Agent?

> Yes. I have no need to hide my newsreader.

Did I ask you whether or not you have any such need?

> >Right click. Kill filter. Subject OT
> >

> >Done?

> Off topic is still off topic, whether identified as such or not.

So when the **** did I say its On topic?
Why don't you get behind
From: "FrancisC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
' a*se for not even indicating OT, huh?

> You apparently operate on the theory that if I choose to drive on the
> wrong side of the road, it's your responsibility to get out of the
> way.

No. And I hate crude analogies, so keep 'em to yer self.

> Take your silliness elsewhere.

What's your prob pal? You don't like it you don't read it. You don't own the
group, do you?
One more unkind reply from you and you join my killfile.

You don't like me - put me in your kill file and shut up.

Alan Balmer

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:52:36 GMT, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You don't like me - put me in your kill file

Done.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting

Default User

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> So when the **** did I say its On topic?
> Why don't you get behind

*plonk*

Brian Rodenborn

nospam@nospam.invalid

(E-Mail Removed)>

Hello Alan Balmer,

On 14-Oct-2003, Alan Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >You don't like me - put me in your kill file

> Done.

Good.

> --

And learn how to put a sig separator. It's "-- " don't forget the space.

Bye.