Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > mysql_query hang's up

mysql_query hang's up

Gabriel

Hi,

I have a problem with the c-api function mysql_query.
When I try to send these query "SELECT a FROM b" the function
mysql_query hang's up and the program stops at the codeline. If I kill
the programm, the bash said segmentation fault malloc_consolitat
error.

I have mysql version 4.15

Thanks for your help and sorry for my terrible english,
Gabriel

Mark A. Odell

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gabriel) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> I have a problem with the c-api function mysql_query.
> When I try to send these query "SELECT a FROM b" the function
> mysql_query hang's up and the program stops at the codeline. If I kill
> the programm, the bash said segmentation fault malloc_consolitat
> error.
>
> I have mysql version 4.15

This is not a C question and there is no C language answer. You have mySql
interface question. Since those folks provided the interface, why not try
in a mysql newsgroup like:

de.comp.datenbanken.mysql

--
- Mark ->

Richard Bos

(E-Mail Removed) (Gabriel) wrote:

> I have a problem with the c-api function mysql_query.
> When I try to send these query "SELECT a FROM b" the function
> mysql_query hang's up and the program stops at the codeline. If I kill
> the programm, the bash said segmentation fault malloc_consolitat
> error.

That sounds like a mysql problem, not a C problem. It's certainly
nothing to do with ISO C. Ask this in a mysql newsgroup.

Richard

Kris Wempa

This question is beyond the scope of this newsgroup. However, you may want
to post the specific API function calls you are using. I've just recently
started using the MySQL C API and it's pretty straightforward. Post your
code and I'll try to help.

"Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the c-api function mysql_query.
> When I try to send these query "SELECT a FROM b" the function
> mysql_query hang's up and the program stops at the codeline. If I kill
> the programm, the bash said segmentation fault malloc_consolitat
> error.
>
> I have mysql version 4.15
>

> Thanks for your help and sorry for my terrible english,
> Gabriel

Dan Pop

In <blujli$(E-Mail Removed)> "Kris Wempa" <calmincents(NO_SPAM)@yahoo.com> writes:

>This question is beyond the scope of this newsgroup. However, you may want
>to post the specific API function calls you are using. I've just recently
>started using the MySQL C API and it's pretty straightforward. Post your
>code and I'll try to help.

If you're aware that the question is beyond the scope of this newsgroup,
why encourage the OP to post his code? The OP, at least, had the excuse
of not realising that he was posting in the wrong newsgroup...

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

Gabriel

Okay, okay I try my luke in the de.comp.datenbanken.mysql
news groups.

Thanks,
gabriel