Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Download

Download

FERNANDEZ Emmanuel

Hello,

Are there any solutions (in C ANSI) for downloading internet files ?
Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

Thanks

Mike Wahler

"FERNANDEZ Emmanuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blgjgg$pqd$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Are there any solutions (in C ANSI) for downloading internet files ?

No.

> Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
> URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

-Mike

FERNANDEZ Emmanuel

Mike Wahler wrote:

>>Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
>>URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

> That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
> capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

Mike Wahler

"FERNANDEZ Emmanuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blgkgo$r14$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Wahler wrote:
>
> >>Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
> >>URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

> > That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
> > capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

> For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

Try a Linux group. We only discuss standard C language here.

-Mike

FERNANDEZ Emmanuel

Mike Wahler wrote:
>>For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

> Try a Linux group. We only discuss standard C language here.

OK, thanks

Kevin Easton

FERNANDEZ Emmanuel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mike Wahler wrote:
>
>>>Some functions exist (URLDownloadToFile(...) or
>>>URLDownloadToCacheFile(...) for Windows) but they aren't ANSI.

>> That's right. Standard C has no built-in networking
>> capabilities. You'll need a platform-specific solution.

> For Linux, do you know some libraries i can use ?

Ask in comp.os.linux.development.apps (there's several, one is called
"curl").

- Kevin.