Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Compile C Code With A CPP Compiler?

Compile C Code With A CPP Compiler?

CBFalconer

Richard Bos wrote:
> "P.J. Plauger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Joona I Palaste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > > The same happened to me. What's with this thing? What do news
> > > servers have against Plauger? Perhaps we should make a poll
> > > about who can see his messages and who can't.

> > I post using Reply Group in Outlook Express, through
> > news.alterdial.uu.net.

> Which would explain why I _am_ seeing them, since I'm on
> news.nl.net, which is run by the Dutch branch of UUNet.

Has anybody considered that the so-called original may well have
been a spoof. After all, from all accounts it recommended an
unclean practice. Someone somewhere may have detected the spoof
and killed it.

Richard Heathfield

Richard Bos wrote:

> Richard Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Richard Bos wrote:

>> > What a nonsensical reaction! No, we should avoid writing C which is
>> > iffy for no better reason than that it's also legal (but iffy) C++.

>> I agree with all but the first four words. I think we should respect the
>> fact that P J Plauger is an expert on the C language, even if we happen
>> to disagree with him on this issue.

> I certainly respect him as well, which is why I'm surprised and dismayed
> that he'd take your objection to such ludicrous extremes. I hadn't
> expected this from him; he doesn't need straw men.

I must admit that I was rather surprised, too. It is true that he is in a
rather different market to the rest of us, of course, but I must admit I'm
rather taken aback by his position here. I have been trying to think of a
good reason why anyone as clueful (and lots of other positive adjectives)
as PJP would want to follow such a strange policy. I didn't succeed.

--
Richard Heathfield : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Randy Howard

In article <bm132f$44n$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> Neither have I, for quite a while: only replies to his posts.
>
> Dan

Strange, I've been getting the entire thing...

--
Randy Howard _o
2reply remove FOOBAR \<,