Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > sorry about "xyz"

sorry about "xyz"

M Kumar

.... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
inconvenience/spurious note.

Simon Biber

"M Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
> inconvenience/spurious note.

This apology note should have been sent as a reply to the original
spurious post, to avoid creating yet another thread.

--
Simon.

Tristan Miller

Greetings.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , M Kumar wrote:
> ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
> inconvenience/spurious note.

No need to apologize; just cancel the original article next time. (There is
a Cancel FAQ in case your newsreader does not provide this functionality
directly.)

--
_

Default User

Simon Biber wrote:

> "M Kumar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
> > inconvenience/spurious note.

> This apology note should have been sent as a reply to the original
> spurious post, to avoid creating yet another thread.

He's posting from groups.google, where a change in topic is treated as a
new thread. Stupid, but that's the way it is.

Brian Rodenborn

Philip Ludlam

On 29 Sep, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
Tristan Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Greetings.
>
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , M Kumar wrote:
>> ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
>> inconvenience/spurious note.

>No need to apologize; just cancel the original article next time. (There is
>a Cancel FAQ in case your newsreader does not provide this functionality
>directly.)

Most, if not all, news servers don't support the cancel operation as
spammers were cancelling legitimate articles and replacing them with
spam.

Yours,

Phil L.
--
http://www.philipnet.com http://director.sourceforge.net
The From address is valid, but anything over 32k is deleted by the server

Christopher Benson-Manica

Philip Ludlam <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

> Most, if not all, news servers don't support the cancel operation as
> spammers were cancelling legitimate articles and replacing them with
> spam.

Indeed, I have inadvertently posted stupid things here and failed utterly in
my attempts to cancel the posts

--
Christopher Benson-Manica | Jumonji giri, for honour.
ataru(at)cyberspace.org |

Dan Pop

In <blcdsj$83e$(E-Mail Removed)> Christopher Benson-Manica <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>Philip Ludlam <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:
>
>> Most, if not all, news servers don't support the cancel operation as
>> spammers were cancelling legitimate articles and replacing them with
>> spam.

>Indeed, I have inadvertently posted stupid things here and failed utterly in
>my attempts to cancel the posts

Yup, there is no valid substitute for engaging your brain *before*
deciding that your article is ready to be posted.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group