Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Indian C programmers [OT]

Indian C programmers [OT]

sathyashrayan

Friends,
We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
responder, we are at the beginning.

Programming is an art but not a science. A 10-year-old student
can program well if he is given a proper training. There are lot of
very young programmers in Europe, US, and other countries. If we look
at the track records in this Usenet it will be more than 10 years.

Once I wanted to learn the implementation of tree-data-struct. I
tried several different ways and asked some help from this Usenet news
group. In replay I got an American saying "WTF you are doing as a
programming". WTF is an American expression.
Then I went through his web site I come across the excellent work done
by him in tree data-struct as a Stanford Grad student. I don't blame
him for those words because if I would have been in his position I
will have the same kind of expression. But I blame our system.

My conclusion of that is the system that is been followed in
India. MCA and BE students are considered as a programmers. But when I
come across some MCA and BE students they don't even take the C and
ASM programming as a serious one. Even if some body programs well then
it is his or her own personal interest and self-study but not because
of the way they have been thought. They will learn and write the
data-struct as in the book without knowing the concept! Example: They
will cast malloc()'s return and allocate mem. So taking the MCA and BE
as a qualification is a bad for future Indian programmers.

But I don't know about NCST teachings.

In my view the industry's approach must change and there should be
a school of programming as a full academics background India.

(I live in south-India, chennai)

Thanks,
By
N.Sathyashrayan

Joona I Palaste

sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> Friends,
> We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
> from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
> stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
> in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
> questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
> responder, we are at the beginning.

(snip)

What was your C question?

--
/-- Joona Palaste ((E-Mail Removed)) ---------------------------\
"This isn't right. This isn't even wrong."

Nicholas

I agree. But there is a section in newspaper called "Opinions" which will
suit you better.
Good luck with your journey to become the Master of Art of Programming.

Cheers.

"sathyashrayan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Friends,
> We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
> from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
> stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
> in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
> questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
> responder, we are at the beginning.
>
> Programming is an art but not a science. A 10-year-old student
> can program well if he is given a proper training. There are lot of
> very young programmers in Europe, US, and other countries. If we look
> at the track records in this Usenet it will be more than 10 years.
>
> Once I wanted to learn the implementation of tree-data-struct. I
> tried several different ways and asked some help from this Usenet news
> group. In replay I got an American saying "WTF you are doing as a
> programming". WTF is an American expression.
> Then I went through his web site I come across the excellent work done
> by him in tree data-struct as a Stanford Grad student. I don't blame
> him for those words because if I would have been in his position I
> will have the same kind of expression. But I blame our system.
>
> My conclusion of that is the system that is been followed in
> India. MCA and BE students are considered as a programmers. But when I
> come across some MCA and BE students they don't even take the C and
> ASM programming as a serious one. Even if some body programs well then
> it is his or her own personal interest and self-study but not because
> of the way they have been thought. They will learn and write the
> data-struct as in the book without knowing the concept! Example: They
> will cast malloc()'s return and allocate mem. So taking the MCA and BE
> as a qualification is a bad for future Indian programmers.
>
> But I don't know about NCST teachings.
>
> In my view the industry's approach must change and there should be
> a school of programming as a full academics background India.
>
> (I live in south-India, chennai)
>
> Thanks,
> By
> N.Sathyashrayan
> (E-Mail Removed)

LibraryUser

Joona I Palaste wrote:
> sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> >
> > We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
> > from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
> > stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
> > in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
> > questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
> > responder, we are at the beginning.

> (snip)
>
> What was your C question?

You snipped it.

> > Example: They will cast malloc()'s return and allocate mem.

--
Replies should be to the newsgroup
Chuck Falconer, on vacation.

Jeff

sathyashrayan wrote:
> Friends,
> We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
> from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
> stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
> in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
> questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
> responder, we are at the beginning.
>
> Programming is an art but not a science. A 10-year-old student
> can program well if he is given a proper training. There are lot of
> very young programmers in Europe, US, and other countries. If we look
> at the track records in this Usenet it will be more than 10 years.
>
> Once I wanted to learn the implementation of tree-data-struct. I
> tried several different ways and asked some help from this Usenet news
> group. In replay I got an American saying "WTF you are doing as a
> programming". WTF is an American expression.
> Then I went through his web site I come across the excellent work done
> by him in tree data-struct as a Stanford Grad student. I don't blame
> him for those words because if I would have been in his position I
> will have the same kind of expression. But I blame our system.
>
> My conclusion of that is the system that is been followed in
> India. MCA and BE students are considered as a programmers. But when I
> come across some MCA and BE students they don't even take the C and
> ASM programming as a serious one. Even if some body programs well then
> it is his or her own personal interest and self-study but not because
> of the way they have been thought. They will learn and write the
> data-struct as in the book without knowing the concept! Example: They
> will cast malloc()'s return and allocate mem. So taking the MCA and BE
> as a qualification is a bad for future Indian programmers.
>
> But I don't know about NCST teachings.
>
> In my view the industry's approach must change and there should be
> a school of programming as a full academics background India.
>
> (I live in south-India, chennai)

This code snippet is never going to compile. You've got several
unterminated character constants, no main function, a malloc with no
arguments, and on and on. Please repost a stripped-down version that
demonstrates your problem and we'll be happy to help you.

Jeff

Dan Pop

In <bjmv65$dch$(E-Mail Removed)> Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
>> Friends,
>> We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
>> from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
>> stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
>> in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
>> questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
>> responder, we are at the beginning.

>(snip)
>
>What was your C question?

If he had one, he wouldn't have inserted the "[OT]" tag in the subject
line, would he?

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

Joona I Palaste

Dan Pop <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> In <bjmv65$dch$(E-Mail Removed)> Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
>>> Friends,
>>> We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
>>> from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
>>> stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
>>> in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
>>> questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
>>> responder, we are at the beginning.

>>(snip)
>>
>>What was your C question?

> If he had one, he wouldn't have inserted the "[OT]" tag in the subject
> line, would he?

I was aware of that, but still, it's not as if people can post anything
they want by merely adding "[OT]" to the title. (Nevertheless, I'm
sometimes guilty of that myself...)

--
/-- Joona Palaste ((E-Mail Removed)) ---------------------------\
"Immanuel Kant but Genghis Khan."

Aishwarya

Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bjmv65$dch$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> > Friends,
> > We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
> > from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
> > stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
> > in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
> > questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
> > responder, we are at the beginning.

> (snip)
>
> What was your C question?

and what was the aim of the mail ? we dont debate on topics of
philosophy here,do we ?

Irrwahn Grausewitz

(E-Mail Removed) (Aishwarya) wrote:

>Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bjmv65$dch$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
>> > Friends,
>> > We have achieved a success in chess games. Thanks for the 9 GM
>> > from India. But regarding programming, that too in c and asm we still
>> > stand behind. I could see some c questions from Indian named posters
>> > in this Usenet. But comparing those questions with that of the
>> > questions asked and answers given by those experts in this Usenet
>> > responder, we are at the beginning.

>> (snip)
>>
>> What was your C question?

>and what was the aim of the mail ? we dont debate on topics of
>philosophy here,do we ?

No, we debate on prjntf, music (Bill Haley and the Comments), the
likelyhood of "out of memory" errors in aircarrier altimeters, the
preferred pronounciation of strcpy (To RH: good job), the preferred
metasyntactic variable names, the 1-to-"I'm Denis Ritchie"-scale, etc.

Irrwahn

--
What does this red button do?

Dan Pop

In <bjngms$o7b$(E-Mail Removed)> Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>Dan Pop <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
>> In <bjmv65$dch$(E-Mail Removed)> Joona I Palaste <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>sathyashrayan <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
>>>
>>>(snip)
>>>
>>>What was your C question?

>> If he had one, he wouldn't have inserted the "[OT]" tag in the subject
>> line, would he?

>I was aware of that, but still, it's not as if people can post anything
>they want by merely adding "[OT]" to the title.

The post was not completely unrelated to C and he was kind enough to warn
you that you can't expect topical content.

>(Nevertheless, I'm sometimes guilty of that myself...)

Quite often, without even adding the "[OT]" tag...

Dan
--
Dan Pop
DESY Zeuthen, RZ group