Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Newbie: creating a folder/directory

Newbie: creating a folder/directory

Richard Coutts

Windows/C++

I need to create a folder on the desktop from within my application.
I can get the path to the desktop simple enough using
'SHGetSpecialFolderLocation' and I can create a file on the desktop
using 'fopen', but how do you create a folder?

Thanks!
Rich

Richard Heathfield

Richard Coutts wrote:

> Windows/C++
>
> I need to create a folder on the desktop from within my application.
> I can get the path to the desktop simple enough using
> 'SHGetSpecialFolderLocation' and I can create a file on the desktop
> using 'fopen', but how do you create a folder?

You will need to use an extension supplied by your implementation. Such
extensions are dealt with by newsgroups specific to those implementations.
You don't mention which implementation you are using, so I can't direct you
to a more appropriate group, but you might want to try one of these:

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
comp.unix.programmer
comp.os.msdos.programmer

--
Richard Heathfield : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Simon Biber

"Richard Coutts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Windows/C++

Rule number one: if you need to specify your platform, it's
probably off-topic on comp.lang.c. For Windows questions go
to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.*. For C++ go to
comp.lang.c++ (but only if it is standard, portable C++).

> I need to create a folder on the desktop from within my
> application. I can get the path to the desktop simple
> enough using 'SHGetSpecialFolderLocation' and I can
> create a file on the desktop using 'fopen', but how do you
> create a folder?

Yup. Off-topic here.

--
Simon.