Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C Programming

C Programming

Davo

Hello,

I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials, good
weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia) in the
programming
language C (not C++ at this stage). Any information or advice with anything
to do with the
language will be much appreciated.

Regards

Dave
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Mike Wahler

Davo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for active newsgroups,

Here you are.

http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambl...me_to_clc.html

>and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)

Sorry, I can't help with that. Tried a newspaper ad,
or consulting with local schools? Perhaps you might
even enroll in a class or two.

>in the
> programming
> language C (not C++ at this stage).

Then why did you post this to comp.lang.c++?

>Any information or advice with anything
> to do with the
> language will be much appreciated.

I advise you start with the links I cited above.
I will tell you that you will need books (yes, the
paper kind). You cannot learn C solely from internet
resources and tutors.

-Mike

Mike Wahler

Mike Wahler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsu91b.2018$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Davo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am looking for active newsgroups,

> Here you are.

I forgot to add that there is a newsgroup specifically
oriented toward the beginner in C and/or C++:
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
Its FAQ is here:
http://snurse-l.org/acllc-c++/faq.html
Very useful information for the novice.

See ya there!

-Mike

Ulrich Eckhardt

Davo wrote:
> I am looking for active newsgroups, productive user friendly tutorials,
> good weblinks, and local private tutors especially (Melbourne Australia)
> in the programming language C (not C++ at this stage).

Mind you, C and C++ are separate languages! You don't have to learn C
before learning C++, several C-ideoms are even considered harmful in C++.

Yes, it is true that you can write programs using a subset of both C and
C++ that is valid and functional but this is mostly of academic interest.
The only well-guarded compatibility is that C++-programs can directly use
and link C-libraries.

> Any information or advice with anything
> to do with the language will be much appreciated.

ACCU - Association of C and C++ Users
http://www.accu.org has lots of book-reviews.

cheers

Uli

--
Questions ?
see C++-FAQ Lite: http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ first !

Jens Schweikhardt

In comp.lang.c.moderated Davo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
# Hello,
#
# I am looking for [...] good weblinks,

Start with http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/ Anything more than 3 clicks away
from there you do not need to know about

Regards,

Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: (E-Mail Removed)

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak

The alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ group might be of help to you. There are also
several C tutorials on-line (Google: http://www.google.com/search?q=C+tutorial)

As for teachers in Australia - no idea

HTH

rlc

--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: (E-Mail Removed)

jacob navia

I have written a tutorial for the C language, distributed with
the lcc-win32 compiler

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

There, click in the "tutorial" link. About 320 pages.

jacob